Use this quick and easy tool to find out how much flower you need, and how mgs of THC you will have per tablespoon of your cannabis infusion. This will take the intimidation out of the process and allow for you to better plan your cooking with cannabis experience!
A couple things to note:
- Even for professionals, this is not an exact science. The amount of THC in your infusion may not be evenly distributed in every serving. Whenever measuring out tablespoons for your dish be sure to mix the infusion well beforehand!
- Edibles can be a lot of fun... or they can be a big mistake. The difference between the two is appropriate dosing. Start with a low dose and see how it treats you, especially when working with a new recipe. Don't double down too early because you haven't felt anything yet - not everyone processes edibles at the same speed.
- Alcohol can greatly increase the effect of edibles and not in a way you will like with the wrong dosage. Be extra cautious if you decide to use alcohol and know that whatever tolerance level you may have established for yourself will likely not be valid if alcohol is involved.
We provide this tool to remove the most confusing and intimidating aspect of making your own edibles. Hopefully this calculator will allow you to finally take the first confident step into the realm without fear of improper dosing.
A couple things to look forward to:
- The more you dive into making your own edibles, the more will understand about the natural shelf life of edibles and appreciate what must be going into store bought edibles to allow them to last so long without degrading. Those added chemicals WILL NOT be present in your edibles because you will enjoy them fresh.
- You get to explore different strains and the associated experiences that their unique terpene and cannabinoid profiles exhibit when ingested. We encourage you to bookmark the strains you try and comment on the experience you have so you can keep track. Typically, the experiences a strain conveys when smoked or vaporized is unique than when consumed as an edible. Tracking these experiences is important as you learn more about which strains are best for you.
- Batch infusions! Our calculator can tell you not only the dosage of the total infusion, but it will also let you know how many mgs of THC your batch has by tablespoon. This will allow you to confidently make multiple uses of a single infusion, saving you time and minimizing the number of times your apartment or home will smell like Snoop's set at the Superbowl halftime show.