Make this handcrafted, gourmet infused ice cream and your freezer will become a treasure chest!
|2 cups of infused cream||10||5-10 mg per serving|
|Prep Time (min)||Cook Time (min)||Rest Time (min)||Total Time (min)|
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (optional — only if you want to make it chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cannabis-infused whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of mint extract
1. Decarboxylate the Cannabis
Decarboxylation is a long word that refers to a process that makes it so that cannabis can get you high. Basically, it’s applying heat to weed to activate the compounds inside, which converts THCA into THC, the cannabis compound you know and love. When you smoke weed, decarboxylation happens as soon as the lighter hits the bowl, but for cooking weed, a very easy way to decarboxylate is just to set some weed on some foil or a baking sheet in the oven for about 30-45 minutes at around 220-245F (105-120C). Don’t forget to check it from time to time and make sure it doesn’t get too hot and scorch the weed.
2. Mix Together on the Stove
In cannabis whipping cream recipes, the amount of cannabis used ranges from around 1-5 grams per 2 cups of cream. The amount you use depends on your personal preference and your tolerance. In addition, the potency of the cannabis used can make a big difference in terms of how much to put (for instance, if your cannabis is 24% THC, you may want to use less than you would with a 12% THC strain).
Three Easy Methods for Infusing Whipping Cream:
1. Take your decarboxylated cannabis and place it in a saucepan with the whipping cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer for around 45 minutes to 2 hours, making sure to stir regularly so that it doesn’t burn. Strain into a jar and refrigerate.
2. If you have a double boiler, you can combine the cannabis and 2 cups of heavy cream and double boil it on a medium pot of water for around 40 minutes or so. Afterwards, pour it through a strainer into a jar for storage.
3. Another method is a bit more complicated, but still easy. Pour the whipping cream and ground, decarboxylated cannabis into a mason jar and seal it. Place the sealed jar inside a deep pot filled with hot water that reaches about 3/4 of the way up the jar. Simmer the water below 185 degrees fahrenheit for about three hours, adding more water as needed. Take off the heat, and strain through a cheesecloth into a jar. That’s it, you now have your own batch of whipping cream that you can use to make cannabis ice cream, or to just put a dollop of magic on a piece of pie this Thanksgiving.
- Whisk the condensed milk, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl (plus cocoa powder if you want to make chocolate ice cream)
- In a separate, chilled bowl, used a mixer to whip the cannabis cream until firm peaks form
- Take a spatula and fold about half of the cannabis whipped cream mixture into the condensed milk mixture until combined, then fold that mixture back into the whipped cream and blend well.
- Put the mixture into an airtight container and freeze for around 3 hours.