Finally ready to get in on the smashburger craze? Why not do it in style?
|1/4 cup Cannabutter||4||8mg per serving|
|Prep Time (min)||Cook Time (min)||Rest Time (min)||Total Time (min)|
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of mayonaise
- 1/4 cup of grated white onion
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup iceburg lettuce (thinly shredded)
- 1/4 cup cannabis butter
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 brioche burger buns
- Split ground beef in half again and again until you have 8 equal portions. Loosely roll those portions into balls and place in the refridgerator while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Grate onions and mix them together with the mayo, minced garlic, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and mustard. This will be your sauce/burger glaze
- Thinly slice tomatoes and iceburg lettuce
- Butter the brioche buns with a bit of real butter and lightly toast them on your pan. Once toasted, coat your warm buns with equally measured portions of your cannabutter.
- It's smashing time! You'll need parchment paper, a spatula and something to depress the primary spatula with (another spatula or a wooden spoon is fine). In multiples of two (bc two balls will make a single burger) place balls on the pan with plenty of room for them to spread out without touching. Add a small bit of regular butter to the pan, then quickly place the ball down with the parchment on top of it and proceed to press it down with the spatula until it is as thin as you can, the parchment paper will prevent the meat from sticking. Once all cold pieces (cold retains the juices best) are flattened, sprinkle salt and pepper on the uncooked side, then add your sauce on top, too.
- Carefully scrape underneath the patty to free all the crusty goodness and flip.
- Immediately add a slice of cheese to one of the two patties, wait 15-20 seconds then stack them.
- Prepare your buns, stacking lettuce and tomatoes on the bottom side of the bun, then drop your burgers on top.
- Pour a beer or glass of red and you're ready for the good life!
- Place patties on the prepared grill. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Before the patties finish, add a slice of cheese to each of them and allow the cheese to melt. put all of the buns on barbecue until they are crispy. Once this is done take everything off
- While the buns are still hot, spread 1 tbsp of cannabis butter on each side of the bun. While the cannabis butter is melting you can assemble the burger.
- Add the patty, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, and mustard to each burger & enjoy!